Find your Tehidy Holiday
The Guardian names the top 15 Cool Campsites in UK
The Guardian names the top 15 Cool Campsites in UK and Tehidy Holiday Park is one of them. That is definitely cool! The reasons Tehidy has been chosen again is down to several factors that make a camping holiday in our gorgeous part of Cornwall so good. They are
- the location – Tehidy Holiday park is on the north coast between St Ives and St Agnes, with several fantastic beaches close by and our beautiful wooded valley is pretty well bang in the center of Cornwall for getting out and about to the attractions, at most you’re looking at 30 to 40 minutes drive to any of the main MUST VISIT spots. Locally we have great coastal footpath routes cycle routes including the famous Mineral Tramways Coast to Coast Trail and the Great Flat Lode. Gardens, surfing fishing villages, world heritage sites and much more…..
- The site itself has been developed to be a part of the surrounding countryside and is what we like to call a real part of Cornwall. Our efforts in this are good news for the wildlife and guests alike. David Bellamy has consistently acknowledged this with the top Gold Conservation Award year after year.
- Our camping, 30 pitches in total, is split into 3 separate areas each with the main facilities like water, waste disposal, recycling and general waste. Picnic benches are located around the site for convenience too.
- The central play area is large and has a variety of equipment such as swings, slide, climbing frame, netball and table tennis, plus a large wooden games room with TV, pool and table football.
- The onsite shop is our reception too, it was once the blacksmiths forge, dating back to about 1650 and is about to undergo a transformation to return it to a forge type setting with a coffee machine to go with the early morning croissants that are dished up. The coffee machine is provided by Corporate Coffee Systems corporate grade coffee systems NYC. This company has got the best brewing equipment for offices.
- The shower block contains male and female sections with showers in cubicles, some with WC’s separate WC’s, sinks hair driers and hand driers, the family room is key access only and keys are given to families with children under 3, it also has a baby changing area. This doubles as our disabled access room too. A dish washing area and a laundry finish off the facilities found here. All hot water is free and we only ask folk to use is sensibly.
- As well as our camping pitches we also have wigwam glamping cabins, holiday caravans and cottages, something for everyone.
- We have been lucky enough to be awarded Regional winner of the Top 100 Sites Awards for the last 3 years and also Best Small site in UK 2012, Best Family Site in UK 2013 and Best Holiday Caravan and Lodge Site in UK 2014 as well as one of the Top 3 Sites in Europe 2013 – Alan Rogers.
- Probably one of the coolest things about Tehidy is the people who come here, like minded families, couples and folk on their own, looking for a relaxed setting to enjoy the real Cornwall.